Bye bye summer....

As summer comes to a close and I reflect back its been a pretty good one overall. I made it to the beach, saw some family in my birthplace (Pittsburgh) and met a boy in Philly for a date. Not to mention celebrated Pride and birthdays; helped raise money for SMYAL; worked with an incredible team on Rainbow Response's grant from the DC Office of Victims Services; and participated in the ALS ice-bucket challenge.

I ended the month of August and summer as we know it spending time with my friend Liz and her family. If you find yourself asking, who is Liz? No worries, I am about to educate you! Liz, is one of my oldest friends, sorry let me rephrase that, longest friends - she is no "older" than I am. We have known each other over 16 years and met just after I moved to Ohio and we've been friends ever since! She made the trek down to DC for Labor Day weekend with her husband and daughter. And I was more than happy to hang out with them. It has felt like ages since we had seen each other and I had yet to meet their little girl Lydia.

Well, all that changed this weekend. And for the record, Lydia is a beautiful bundle of energy! We had a great time hanging out in my hood for dinner at The Heights, gallivanting all over the National Zoo, trekking to the National Mall, exploring the National Gallery of Art (which Jonathan helped design the necessary renovation platforms for or something like that), jaunting through the sculpture garden and braving the masses at the Natural History Museum.

This pic says it all as little Miss Lydia was given the royal treatment throughout the city. I wish I could travel and have people push and carry me around new places! It was a wonderful reunion and great way to conclude the summer.

Now as Labor Day has passed us by and fall officially approaches, I've started to realize just how busy things are going to be. So, here's your fall preview and likely future blog posts to entertain you: the conclusion of Rainbow Response's grant and next steps, fall kickball (yes, I joined a kickball team for the fall - poor life decisions, but will provide quality blog material), Boston for a grad school reunion/wedding, a three-day strategic planning retreat at JPI and finally figuring out my life and next steps.

It should prove to be some busy, but interesting times!

Peace,
DC3FO

Popular Posts