Adam Pascal, a birthday bar run, and a tow

Kennedy Center Terrace
Yep, the post title pretty much sums up my weekend. This weekend began with a show at the Kennedy Center. I decided to take a half day at work on Friday - turned out to be a great idea - the weather was awesome - and I was able to get in a good workout before meeting friends for dinner. My theater buddies Chris and Ben and I hit up dinner at Nage prior to hopping in an Uber (yes, I Uber now - I be cool like that!) to head over to the Kennedy Center. The nights entertainment -- Broadway star Adam Pascal. Some of you may know Adam from hit shows such as Rent and Aida - he's got a great voice and isn't too bad to look at either. 

Now to make the evening an adventure we of course had drinks with dinner - yes, Mr. Waiter I will take two Manhattan's straight up before we jet out for our show. As usual my theater buddies and I grabbed a drink at the Kennedy Center prior to the show. Needless to say, Ben and I both forgot that when we ordered us all a round of a double Maker's on the rocks - that we would have to finish the drink before entering the theater. So picture it, me in line getting ready to enter the theater pretty much chugging Maker's - we can't let booze go to waste that right there is a sin (note to everyone who doesn't support human rights or equality: wasting booze = sin...gay marriage = not a sin. This life lesson brought to you by DC's Third Favorite Otter). After having two Manhattan's and downing a double Maker's on the rocks - I definitely was feeling a little buzzed for the show. We had great seats - basically 3rd row with no one sitting in front of us.

Adam was spectacular. Opening with "Memories" from Cats and closing with "One Song Glory" from Rent. He told some funny stories - all in all it was a great show. However, Adam was singing some mellow songs most of the show, which combined with all my alcohol made focusing a little hard. You should be proud I did not fall asleep, but boy there were moments that the mellow lyrics and his voice had me close. Bing bang boom - the show ends we go out to catch and cab - once we hail one who rolls up with all his luggage and guitar, none other than Adam Pascal himself. So, we give him our cab in an exchange for a picture. 

Saturday rolls around and I have a superhero themed birthday bar run. Yes that is where you dress up as a superhero and you run from bar to bar. The bar run was to celebrate a birthday twin of mine's birthday. You may not know this, but I now have three friends who share my exact birthday. The original birthday twin Gina in Ohio, the handsome Parisian Aurelien (obviously in France) and last, but not least the best looking Robin (of the dynamic duo Batman & Robin) to hit DC - Joey! I happened to be a little tardy to the birthday party -- now I know you are asking yourself why were you late Paul? Well, let me tell you because my car got towed - yes towed. Thank you DC, for being such a shit and towing my car - one of the not so fun joys of city living. 

I love Quailman's pose - classic! 

Anyway, back to the fun stuff - the bar run. I didn't dress up as a superhero per se, but I did buy me a cute Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shirt. And amazingly I was not the only one on with this shirt. Not only do I have birthday twins, but I apparently have a birthday bar run twin too! It was a fun night - and for the record I wore orange running shoes so I guess I was channeling Michelangelo for the night. I also only ran once between bars. It was probably my poor decision to pick the farthest of the runs from Number 9 to Nellie's. And probably also not in my best decision that this was also the run to the final bar of the night, but I did it. I ran the whole way in the rain, yes I said rain after having several drinks - it is about a mile - so be impressed, be very impressed. 



Popular Posts