Warning: Otters Crossing

Last night was the special Valentine's Day edition of Otter Crossing. A very fun event the first Friday of every month at the D.C. Eagle, put together by the incomparable David Brown (also know in my world as D.C.'s Chief Otter - check out Otter Den). If you recall my first blog post was all about this event and how I earned the title "D.C.'s Third Favorite Otter."

Oh hey, isn't that the name of your blog? Hell yes it is, you are a quick one!!

David put together this great Valentine's Day themed event with cupids, a message post and plenty of otters (if you need a refresher on what an otter is click here). Basically for a small monetary donation (proceeds benefiting Whitman Walker Health) you could send a message to an otter of your choosing - you just had to be smart enough to remember their 3-digit number.

Now where do I fit in all this? Well of course I was the PostOtter General - helping to run the message stand - working with the cupids to spread love, cheer and some inappropriate messages (Aren't those the best? Why yes they are!!).

Did I get any messages? Yes I did, two to be exact! However, I think one was by default because the guy couldn't remember the person's 3-digit number so he wrote down mine, but hey it was a message. All in all it was a great night of drinking and flirting! Since I am sure you are dying to know what my two mysterious messages were I will leave you with them.

"You deserve so much more!"

"Love is not a status, life is not a status. I will never give into a status. My fire will burn hotter than any dream." 

Photo Courtesy of Denis Largeron | Photographie


Popular Posts