Starting 2014 off right....

Well it is the first "snow day" of the year in D.C. And no better way to end the day than sipping a hot chocolate infused with some bourbon in my pjs while writing my first blog post of the year!

It's a new year, which means we all get to start off "fresh," right? No, and I am not talking about getting "fresh" with a hot boy, but more about setting new year goals or resolutions. It gives everyone the opportunity to reflect on the past year and decide what they liked, what they didn't and what they want to do more of. It may be a bit corny, but there are always three things that top my new year's resolution list every year: 1) love more, 2) laugh harder, and 3) dream bigger. See, I warned you they were corny. But hey they are things we should all commit to doing more of this year.

Now, I do actually put real things on my resolutions list too - like get that painting you've had since 2005 finally framed. Oh by the way, we can scratch that one off the list - making strides, making strides! I think resolutions are about trying to start the year with a new outlook and positive change - like all those new year's resolution gym joiners who are trying to commit to getting fit and healthy. Even though they drive me f-ing crazy and I mutter how much I hate them under my breath while at the gym, I respect their efforts at change.

All in all I think I am managing a good start to 2014. I mean, what better than to ring in the new year with friends, a little dancing, and some drag queens - am I right!?  Plus, if you work hard, don't you also deserve to play hard? The answer to that is always YES MA'AM!! While I've scratched a few things off my resolution list, I've also had a blast at an 80's workout themed party at a gym, attended a few services at All Souls Unitarian Church (don't look so surprised), and bought a cute otter t-shirt (reveal to come later) at MAL. For those of you wondering what MAL stands for it is Mid-Atlantic Leather - basically a weekend convention of leather, parties and what have you that comes to D.C. every January.

Now this blog post wouldn't be nearly as fun without pictures from that 80's workout themed party - so here you go!





Popular Posts