A week later...

Last week at this time I was sitting outside freezing my you know what off....okay I'll just say it...my ass, I was freezing my ass off. It is my blog after all and I never said it would have to be PC.

Now, I hope you are smart enough to turn to your calendar and say what was last Monday? Well, it was MLK Day (check). Where does Paul live? Washington D.C. (check) And what was happening that day?  Oh the inauguration (congrats for putting it all together!!).

So, a week ago I was outside with my friends waiting for what at times felt like eternity in the cold. Unlike in 2009 when I attended the swearing-in ceremony and then some of the balls, this year I was playing it much more low-key. Just the inaugural parade. As a friend (ahem - Taylor) told me to get excited to sit out in the cold for hours - just think you can cross it off your bucket list. So, now I have done all the big inaugural events and from this point forward I can enjoy it all from the warmth of my bed - unless of course one of you great friends reading this becomes President then I will drag my ass out in the cold to celebrate you!

Here are my top three highlights from the day:
  1. Listening to the swearing-in ceremony over the loud speaker while sitting with crowds on Pennsylvania Avenue. Particularly President Obama's speech and Kelly Clarkson's "My Country, Tis of Thee" - beautiful!!
  2. Enjoying some Fojol Brothers with friends in an attempt to stay warm. It was my first time having some and it was delicious. 
  3. And last, but certainly not least, the couple sitting three rows in front of us that made out profusely during the entire time waiting for the parade and provided us with some entertainment. As I said to my friend Dan "It is like watching National Geographic." 
And now some pictures!!








Popular Posts